The Project Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing the logistical and day-to-day activities of projects supporting WORLDiscoveries Asia, under the guidance of the Director, WORLDiscoveries Asia, and will be located in the Toronto satellite office. The incumbent will assist in the implementation and coordination of projects, with the goal of expanding global outreach, and promoting Canadian technologies internationally. The incumbent will ensure that project outcomes are achieved on time and within budgetary constraints, and will communicate progress updates to internal and external stakeholders. The Project Coordinator engages with various stakeholders to coordinate the logistics of project
meetings and events, responds to inquiries related to WORLDiscoveries Asia and related projects. The incumbent will provide support to the Director in the compilation of market research, to support the mission and strategic goals of WORLDiscoveries Asia.
- Undergraduate degree in a science related discipline with courses taken in business
- Project Management Professional certification completed or in progress preferred
- Masters degree preferred
- 2 years’ experience in a business office environment with project management accountabilities
- Experience in a business development environment
- Experience assisting with the preparation of budgets and monitoring accounts
- Experience conducting market research
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Familiarity with financial principles and budgeting
- Familiarity with techniques for planning, managing and coordinating projects, with competing priorities that involve a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to ensure expenditures and resources are within allotments, and to make appropriate modifications when required
- Project management skills to manage a project from conception to completion within tightly prescribed timelines
- Ability to plan and manage meetings and events of various sizes: familiarity with large scale events an asset
- Verbal communication skills to clearly express ideas in an objective manner, and adapt communication style to suite the situation and audience
- Cross-cultural competency with an ability to interact and work effectively with people from different cultures and backgrounds
- Ability to summarize information and disseminate to others effectively in a timely manner
- Ability to multi-task and maintain an organized and effective personal work environment
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Proven ability and natural inclination to develop relationships by interacting with clients, peers and external stakeholders in a professional, respectful and diplomatic manner
- Commitment to ongoing professional development with a desire to take on new challenges
- Oral and written communication skills in an Asian language would be an asset
Classification & Regular Hours
Hours per week: 35
Salary Grade: 13
Please note, this is a one-year wholly grant-funded contract opportunity with opportunity for renewal based on funding.
This position is based in Toronto, Ontario
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 519-661-2194.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Please apply online:
Select Posting Ref # 9164