The Digital Marketing Manager provides advice and recommendations to a team of commercialization professionals, and implements a variety of marketing activities in order to enhance and support technology transfer and outreach activities. The incumbent is responsible for online marketing management and makes recommendations regarding technical solutions for new systems and new channel options, ensuring compliance with copyright practices. The Digital Marketing Manager will design, create and assess marketing efforts within their portfolio, with a goal of building and promoting their portfolio’s and Western’s brand and reputation locally, nationally, and internationally. The incumbent will provide creative services and consultations for projects, start-up websites, newsletters, information packages and guides, annual reports, presentations and other marketing materials to ensure appealing and impactful designs are developed that fit with their portfolio’s goals, and with the University’s marketing and branding strategies and guidelines.
- University Degree in Media, Information Technology, Marketing, Business or Related Program
- Courses completed in Graphic Design preferred
- 2 years’ experience in marketing with progressive media, information technology and web design experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of social media platforms, communication and engagement strategies for technology transfer initiatives
- Ability to establish effective routines for excellent communication with all members of the team to maximize productivity
- Media skills with solid marketing judgment to present and package information to maximize interest
- Ability to analyze metrics and consider past marketing efforts to develop creative and appealing materials
- Ability to apply creativity and recommend strategies for engagement initiatives in response to cultural and social trends
- Project management skills, with the ability to meet tight deadlines and perform well under pressure
- Ability to identify opportunities for continuous quality improvement and actively support change initiatives and approaches to evaluation and program development
- Ability to handle complex, ambiguous situations with diplomacy, calmness and good judgment
- Ability to remain highly motivated, resilient, innovative, and collaborative when faced with challenges
- Computer skills with the ability to learn and use relevant software that achieves required outcomes and is in line with best practices
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Cloud, and graphic design software
- Proven ability to build both formal and informal professional relationships within, across, and external to organizational boundaries
- Ability to work independently and effectively as a member of the team to achieve departmental goals
- Organizational skills to manage multiple assignments that are accurate and thorough, sometimes of a complex nature or involving competing priorities
- Familiarity with University policies and procedures preferred
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or phone 519-661-2194.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Please apply online no later than Friday August 4, 2017
Select Posting Ref # 10754