The Project Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the logistical and day-to-day activities supporting Western’s Medical Innovation Fellows (MIF) program and various partnered programs for WORLDiscoveries. The role provides relationship initiation and maintenance with MIF program stakeholders, including both internal and external from the entrepreneurship community, collaborating academic institutions and funding partners. The Project Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating and managing workshops, conferences and other events related to the MIF Program, and will assist with the engagement of various stakeholders for planning and organization of program elements with the goal of expanding program outreach and promoting the MIF program globally. The role will ensure that project outcomes are achieved on time and within budgetary constraints, and will communicate progress updates to internal and external stakeholders. The Project Coordinator also assists in reaching out to potential sponsors and identifying potential funding programs. The role contributes to the overall success of Western’s Entrepreneurship Ecosystem by providing support for the continual building of the MIF program and other programs in the WORLDiscoveries portfolio.
– Undergraduate degree
– Master’s Degree (Communications, Human Resources, Marketing, Business Administration) is preferred
– Project Management Professional certification completed or in progress is preferred
– 3 years related experience providing administrative support and project coordination in a complex environment
– Experience in event planning
– Experience working in a post-secondary setting is preferred
– Experience assisting with the preparation of budgets and monitoring accounts would be an asset
– Experience managing client relationships is preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
– Familiarity with financial principles and budgeting
– Familiarity with techniques for planning, managing and coordinating projects, with competing priorities that involve a variety of stakeholders
– Ability to ensure expenditures and resources are within allotments, and to make appropriate modifications when required
– Project management skills to manage a project from conception to completion within tightly prescribed timelines
– Ability to plan and manage meetings and events of various sizes; familiarity with large scale events an asset
– Communication skills to clearly express ideas in an objective manner, and adapt communication style to suit the situation and audience
– Strong interpersonal skills and listening skills, with an ability to communicate with a variety of clients at all levels including executives, and other professionals
– Capacity to support and demonstrate openness to persons of diverse backgrounds and beliefs
– Ability to apply creativity, innovation and resourcefulness to daily work
– Ability to multi-task and maintain an organized and effective personal work environment
– Ability to work within a flexible schedule to accommodate the University’s events and activities
– Proven ability and natural inclination to develop relationships by interacting with clients, peers and external stakeholders in a professional, respectful and diplomatic manner
– Ability to work independently and exercise a high degree of initiative, innovation and good judgement in decision-making
– Commitment to ongoing professional development with a desire to take on new challenges
With an international reputation for success, Western ranks as one of Canada’s top research‐intensive universities. Our research excellence expands knowledge and drives discovery with real‐world application. Western also provides an exceptional employment experience, offering competitive salaries, a wide range of employment opportunities and one of Canada’s most beautiful campuses.
Western Research under the leadership of the Vice-President, Research is responsible for ensuring that Western has vibrant and growing interaction with various sources of research funding and that the faculties have increasing funding for their research programs. It is also responsible to ensure a healthy flow of technology resulting from Western research to the commercial world thereby creating jobs, increasing economic development and the general betterment of society.
Within this mission…
WORLDiscoveries® is the Business Development arm of Western University including Robarts Research Institute and Lawson Health Research Institute. The business unit serves as the exclusive advocate and agent for promising commercial and technology transfer opportunities derived from London’s extensive research portfolio.
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 519-661-2194. Please Note: Effective September 7, 2021, all employees and visitors to campus are required to comply with Western’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Interested applicants are asked to visit: https://recruit.uwo.ca/ to apply online to job reference #26393. The application deadline is midnight May 14, 2022.
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Location: UWO Main Campus
Faculty/Unit: VP Research / Western Research
Employee Group: PMA – Professional and Managerial Association
Appointment Type: Continuing
Appointment Status: Regular Full-Time
Classification & Regular Hours:
Hours per week: 35
Salary Grade: 13