Reporting to the Manager, Business Development, the Business Development Officer (Research Associate) will primarily be responsible for providing services to Researchers from the Lawson Health Research Institute in matters related to the protection and management of intellectual property resulting from their research and industry interactions. This role includes analysis of inventions from patentability and commercial potential and making critical arguments for investment decisions.
The position will assist to establish technology development plans including the pursuit of required funding and will be responsible for commercialization of intellectual property through pursuing licensing deals with industry partners and the creation of spin-offs. The position will be located in London, Ontario; however, the incumbent will be required to travel occasionally to visit clients and industry partners.
Rate of Pay: To commensurate with experience
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week
- Successful completion of a post-graduate degree in Life Sciences
- Minimum of two years recent, related experience preferred, ideally in project management or business development
- Knowledge of intellectual property protection and management preferred
- Proven ability to structure financing opportunities and/or government program applications preferred
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills to a variety of audiences
- Well-defined sense of diplomacy including solid negotiation skills
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, with demonstrated capacity to make challenging risk-based decisions in an environment that is time-sensitive and subject to dynamic technology and market landscapes
- Ability to critically work in a team environment and collaborate to address issues and opportunities
- Organized, detail-oriented, and a high level of computer literacy using Microsoft Office and databases
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to confidentiality
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to the principles of patient and family centred care
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to patient and staff safety at LHSC
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis
We foster a culture of patient and staff safety whereby all employees are guided by LHSC’s Mission, Vision, Values and Code of Conduct.
London Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing a safe, healthy and inclusive work environment that inspires respect. LHSC encourages applications from persons with disabilities and we are committed to providing accommodations upon request.
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector police check (original document) completed in the last 4 months.
To apply, please go to http://www.lhsc.on.ca/Careers/LHSC/index.htm and select posting #51349.